Reports to: Senior Controller
FLSA Status: Full Time, exempt
Summary: Partners Worldwide mission is “We mobilize long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as a way to create flourishing economic environments in all parts of the world.” The person holding this position will be responsible for providing excellent strategic and tactical leadership for finance within the Partners Worldwide Global Partnership, thereby helping us achieve our vision of “We aspire to end poverty so that all may have life and have it abundantly.”
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure financial integrity in the global operations of Partners Worldwide, and affiliates, PW Entrepreneurs and PW Canada by establishing, monitoring, and auditing standards of excellence.
- Lead annual budget process for PW and PW Entrepreneurs
- Coordinate annual audit activities and prepare files for the external auditors
- Evaluate and ensure sound accounting and internal control systems
- Review and manage cash transfers and activities
- Prepare bank transfers to vendors and sign AP checks
- Ensure a successful annual Partners Worldwide financial audit.
- Issue timely financial reports that fairly and accurately reflect the company’s financial position in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and interpret monthly PW and PW Entrepreneurs financial statements for staff, Directors and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate or prepare annual government required filings, renewals, and member accreditation
- Understand the foreign currency exchange requirements for a global enterprise.
- Review and file the annual 990 return, 5500, MI annual filing for PW
- Review and file the 1065 and K-1s for PW Entrepreneurs
- Serve as a member of the Global Leadership Team
- Hire, train and retrain skilled accounting staff
- Other duties as requested
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative (not all inclusive) of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, people skills, language skills as needed
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, preferred
- Demonstrate a knowledge of economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations
- Strong leadership ability
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills
- General knowledge and business experience in lending and credit practices
- Ability to motivate and inspire others in company across functional lines
- Spiritual commitment to Christ and His Kingdom work. Mature discipleship encourages- “faith is lived out in our everyday actions and how we serve our clients, employees, suppliers…each person is created in the image of God and we respect the dignity inherent in each person” (Vision 20/20 Faith Integration)
The requirements listed below are representative (not all inclusive) of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Integrity - does not compromise being their authentic self or the mission, vision & values of Partners Worldwide while maintaining humble stance.
- Attention to Detail – requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations
- Dependability - being able to be counted on or relied upon, when you always do everything that you say you will and never make promises you cannot keep
- Analytical Thinking – requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related problems
- Independence – self-driven and able to work with a high degree of autonomy and depending on oneself to get things done
- Cooperative – finds common ground on which to build relationships, works to create win-win situations, appreciates the contributions of others, fosters an environment of sharing, can bridge divergent viewpoints
- Initiative – able to assess and execute based on current and ever-changing conditions
- Self-Control – maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, an avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Persistence – able to continue the course of action despite obstacles
- Teamwork – ability to work with others through a team, participating actively, sharing responsibility, and contributing to the outcome of the project.
Education / Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a business / management professional with at least 10+ years of experience in a business or corporate setting, including demonstrated leadership
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- Experience with non-profit organizations and structure
- Global currency exchange experience preferred
- International experience or a solid understanding of cross-cultural relationships is desired to flourish in this position.
- Experience with financial budgets and a track record of results
- Lending experience preferred
- A sincere Christian faith, lifestyle and values that are reflected daily; always uphold Christian principles and demonstrate exemplary servant leadership as an image bearer of God. In addition, this person will demonstrate the ability to relate well with Partners Worldwide leaders in the promotion of God’s Kingdom through business development programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of this position are typical of conditions usually found in an office environment. The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the Controller, the employee may be required to travel.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are what you would typically expect in a professional office environment and are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.