Reports to: Director of Global Engagement
FLSA Status: Full-time
Summary: The position of Engagement Manager serves the critical role in major donor development and volunteer recruitment to secure the financial and human resources needed to support our partnership network throughout the designated regions. Our unique partnership model mobilizes long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that is working to create flourishing economic environments around the world. This position will contribute to the mission by increasing, strengthening and diversifying Partners Worldwide’s funding sources by growing the financial support provided by existing donors and developing new donor relationships. The primary responsibility of the Engagement Manager is to ensure the organization has the human and financial resources to fulfill the mission and vision of Partners Worldwide (PW).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Increase the annual financial support provided by an assigned group of major donors to strengthen their commitment for the work of PW. Specific growth objectives will be established each year.
- Establish relationships with new major donors to engage with PW supporting our work at a global, regional or partnership level. A new donor revenue goal will be established each year.
- Facilitate the development of Worldwide Fund donors at all levels of giving.
- Recruit Christian businesspeople to become engaged as Business Affiliates, Mentor or Subject Matter Expert within the Partnership Model of Partners Worldwide. Specific objectives on the number of people to engage will be assigned each year.
- Develop donors at all stages of their lifecycle including the area of planned giving and estate planning.
- Collaborate with the Regional Facilitators to raise the necessary funds to support the regional budgets.
- Work with the Regional Director’s to develop plans to serve and support the existing Business Affiliates (volunteers) engaged in our regional partnerships.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Ensure that all donor contacts are logged into the PW contact management system.
- Ensure regular communication with major donors updating them on the impact of their support and sharing stories of transformation from the field.
- Represent PW at select conferences and events to raise awareness and support for our work. This will include engaging individuals, groups, businesses or churches to contribute their time, talent, experience and resources in our global partnership network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life
- High energy and passion for PW's vision and mission is essential
- Experience in business with preference to sales, business development or fundraising. Demonstrated success in cultivating existing and establishing new customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Demonstrated ability to speak confidently in large group settings. Ability to influence and engage a wide range of customers and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style; a professional who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Skills to articulate effectively, intelligently, credibly, and passionately the financial resource needs of PW
- Significant experience with cross team collaborative leadership with shared financial outcomes
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time
- High level of cultural intelligence with preference given to candidates with previous experience working in or with organizations in India or Southeast Asia
- Ability to travel domestically (6 - 8 times per year) and internationally (2 – 3 times per year)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years business experience in sales, fundraising or other related business experience preferred
- Related work experiences that may be relevant to perform the essential duties and responsibilities outlined on page one
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position may require the team member to work out of a home office. The position of Engagement Manager may be required to occasionally work nights and weekends for customer meetings and/or event. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.