Summary: The Database Specialist is responsible for managing the offline and online donation entry, fund allocation, and receipting process through our CRM (Salesforce) database. The Database Specialist serves as a liaison with internal customers in their use of Salesforce and is also responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and providing technical support for the CRM system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Donation Processing & Receipting:
- Open, electronically deposit, reconcile, and record all mailed donations on a daily basis while adhering to the defined process for financial controls and accuracy of donation entry.
- Provide donation support through monitoring and reconciling online donations, answering donor calls (e.g. phone-in donations, receipting or donation questions), and making bank deposits as necessary.
- Collaborate with accounting team in donation processing for all regions and accounts; adjust and reconcile accounts with GL for financial accuracy.
- Collaborate with the development team and regional Partnership Managers on source codes, accurate fund allocations, and tracking of donation commitments.
- Oversee expedited receipting and donation follow-up process for both electronic and mailed receipts including detailed attention to receipting guidelines, and manage notification process with development team.
- Serve as primary contact for CRM technical support, troubleshooting, implementation of system configuration updates, and knowledge gathering for self and others. Provide timely dissemination of important CRM system changes, updates, or known issues that will affect the CRM user experience.
- Manage CRM data integrity through impeccable entry of new contact information, monitoring and scrubbing duplicate data from integrated systems as appropriate and monitoring overall input of content.
- Collaborate with CRM users to ensure constituent (donor, volunteer, interested, alliance, vendor) data entered in the CRM system is relevant, accurate, and complete, thus providing for ease and excellence in financial reporting, analysis, and the creation of various constituent email/contact lists.
- Build, customize, and distribute reports that help monitor key constituent activities funneled through calls, visits, website interactions, and or the CRM system.
- Oversee and complete any mass data import to the CRM system, linking to existing records when applicable, and performing data cleanup after import when needed. Build report templates and provide exported data as appropriate.
- Support the implementation of direct mail, email, and online fundraising campaigns.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative (not all inclusive) of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must embrace the mission of Partners Worldwide and demonstrate mature Christian values
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated excellence and skill in project management, research, and problem-solving
- The ability to work effectively on a team, a rapport builder, and brand ambassador
- A desire to learn new technical functions and become adept at usage and features of the Salesforce CRM
- Meticulous nature and attentive to details
- Basic understanding and sensitivity to other cultures
- Adept technologically, including demonstrated competence with CRMs and Office365 Suite
- Display the utmost integrity and discretion. Previous experience handling confidential information is preferred
- Shows concern for others, dependable, a servant leader mentality
Education / Experience: College degree required. Salesforce experience preferred and 2+ years of database/tech experience.
Reports to: Development Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, 40-hours/week; non-exempt
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are what you would typically expect in a professional office environment and are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.