Director of Finance
POSITION DESCRIPTION | DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Partners Worldwide mission is “We mobilize long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as the way to create flourishing economic environments in all parts of the world.” The person holding this position will be responsible to work closely with the Controller and ensure proper financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems while managing financial assets. This person will facilitate finance and accounting excellence within the Partners Worldwide global partnerships, thereby helping us achieve our vision to end poverty so that all may have life and have it abundantly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure financial integrity in the global operations of Partners Worldwide and its affiliates by establishing, monitoring and auditing standards of excellence.
- Review and manage cash transfer activities.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process.
- Provide support and activities to ensure a successful annual Partners Worldwide, Inc. and Affiliates financial audit.
- Manages and oversees accounting functions of PW and PW Entrepreneurs (PWE).
- Prepare and interpret internal financial statements for global leadership team and Board of Directors for PW and PWE.
- In coordination with the Global Operations staff and leadership, provide accountability for all financial aspects of Access to Capital for Partners Worldwide and PWE, including the successful deployment and recovery of investment capital loan fund across PW Partnerships.
- Understand the foreign currency exchange requirements for a global enterprise.
- Participate in strategic planning with Global Operations team and Regional Business Units to guarantee financial excellence in the regions
- Accountable for executing board policy on country global operations, while ensuring compliance with country laws and country registration.
- Work with Regional Directors or Partnership Managers to provide the necessary corporate documents for country registration
- Consult with legal advisor on legal matters when needed.
- Ensure timely annual PW and PWE filings.
- Serve as a member of the Global Leadership Team.
Ancillary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional and timely customer service by responding to PW staff, Business Affiliates (BA) and Local Community Institutions (LCI) requests.
- Administer or support payroll functions of Partners Worldwide.
- Responsible for PEO (Professional Employer Organization) contract and annual renewal.
- Other duties as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative (not all inclusive) of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Communication – strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual language skills as appropriate and in English.
- Financial Acumen – Ability to work with the details and follow-through required for the management of economic, accounting principles and practices.
- Leadership – provide direction and coaching, delegates effectively to accomplish goals, make timely decisions within the scope the role, models Partners Worldwide standards.
- Administration – knowledge of business in tactical planning, resource allocation, efficient work methods, managing workflow, setting/clarifying expectations, and meeting commitments.
- Analytical – exceptional ability to systematically evaluate and strategically address issues.
- Cooperative –finds common ground on which to build relationships, works to create win-win situations, appreciates the contributions of others, fosters an environment of sharing, can bridge divergent viewpoints.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- College or graduate education in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University.
- 10 years of work experience in the private or non-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience with financial budgets and a track record of results.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Lending experience preferred.
- Global currency exchange experience preferred.
- International experience or a solid understanding of cross-cultural relationships preferred.
- Experience with non-profit organizational systems and administration preferred.
- A sincere Christian faith, lifestyle and values that are reflected daily; uphold Christian principles and demonstrate exemplary servant leadership at all times as an image bearer of God. In addition, this person will demonstrate the ability to relate well with Partners leaders in the promotion of God’s Kingdom through business development programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Finance Director role, the employee may be required to travel both domestic and/or internationally.
The person performing this position must be able to read, evaluate, and respond to written and verbal communications. Regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. Work in various environments may require employee to stoop, climb, sit or stand for periods of time. Employee may occasionally be required to lift weight up to 50 pounds, and regularly required to lift items up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include, close, distance, peripheral and depth perception. The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job but may not be all inclusive.
Work is generally performed in an office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Staff and/or candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this role with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions if it does not create an undue burden on the organization.
This job description is not designed to be all encompassing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.