Partners Worldwide mission is “We mobilize long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as the way to create flourishing economic environments in all parts of the world.” The person holding this position will be responsible to work closely with the Controller and ensure proper financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems while managing financial assets. This will facilitate finance and accounting excellence within the Partners Worldwide Global Partnership, thereby helping us achieve our vision to end poverty so that all may have life and have it abundantly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Policies and Procedures
Accountable for the financial aspects of Access to Capital – Financial (Partners Worldwide and Partners Worldwide Entrepreneurs)
- Accountable for the successful deployment and recovery of investment capital loan fund across PW Partnerships.
- Work closely with the Access to Capital program and the Director of Partnership Operations. .
- Ensure that all new loan documentation is in place and that the loan process was followed
- Prepare new loan documents – Promissory Note, amortization schedule, etc.
- Responsible for obtaining completed-signed loan documentation by the lendee and CEO
- Understand the foreign exchange requirements for a global enterprise
- Conduct financial statement review for new and existing loan recipients
- Track and monitor loan payments and loan status. Work with regional staff, attorneys or lendee to collect overdue payments, when necessary assist in renegotiating loan term, report loan status to Staff Loan Committee, management and the BOD.
Partners Worldwide Entrepreneurs (PWE)
- Responsible for all financial activities regarding PWE.
- Work with the Director of Partnership Operations to report financial and social impact and update the PWE Board.
- Review and file the 1065 and K-1s for PWE.
- Accountable for executing board policy on country global operations, while ensuring compliance with country laws
- Work with Regional Directors or Partnership Managers to provide the necessary corporate documents for country registration
Support Budget Administration and Monitoring
- Review and manage cash transfers and activities.
- Prepare fund transfers to vendors and sign AP checks.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
Ensure Applicable Controls
- Provide support and activities to ensure a successful annual Partners Worldwide financial audit. Complete audit preparation work including work papers and questionnaires, reconcile accounts where needed.
Legal and Filings
- Consult with legal advisor on legal matters when needed.
- Ensure timely annual PW filings.
Ensure financial excellence of LCI’s (Local Community Institutions)
Ancillary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional and timely customer service by responding to staff, BA and LCI requests
- Administer or support payroll functions of Partners Worldwide.
- Other duties as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative (not all inclusive) of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Communication – strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual language skills as appropriate and in English.
- Financial Acumen – Ability to work with the details and follow-through required for the management of economic, accounting principles and practices.
- Leadership – provide direction and coaching, delegates effectively to accomplish goals, make timely decisions within the scope the role, models Partners Worldwide standards.
- Administration – knowledge of business in tactical planning, resource allocation, efficient work methods, managing workflow, setting/clarifying expectations, and meeting commitments.
- Analytical – exceptional ability to systematically evaluate and strategically address issues.
- Cooperative –finds common ground on which to build relationships, works to create win-win situations, appreciates the contributions of others, fosters an environment of sharing, can bridge divergent viewpoints.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- College or graduate education in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University.
- 10 years of work experience in the private or non-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience with financial budgets and a track record of results.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Lending experience preferred.
- Global currency exchange experience preferred.
- International experience or a solid understanding of cross-cultural relationships preferred.
- Experience with non-profit organizational systems and administration preferred.
- A sincere Christian faith, lifestyle and values that are reflected daily; uphold Christian principles and demonstrate exemplary servant leadership at all times as an image bearer of God. In addition, this person will demonstrate the ability to relate well with Partners leaders in the promotion of God’s Kingdom through business development programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Finance Manager job, the employee may be required to travel both domestic and/or internationally.
The person performing this position must be able to read, evaluate, and respond to written and verbal communications. Regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. Work in various environments may require employee to stoop, climb, sit or stand for periods of time. Employee may occasionally be required to lift weight up to 50 pounds, and regularly required to lift items up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include, close, distance, peripheral and depth perception. The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.